Is Struan House being left to rot?
Is the slow decay of the iconic Struan House south of Naracoorte a case of “demolition by neglect” — and has South Australia squandered a once-in-a-generation chance to anchor cutting-edge agricultural research in the Limestone Coast? To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Council calls for community input on 2026-27 budget
Naracoorte Lucindale Council is inviting residents, community groups, and organisations to have their say on priorities for the 2026 2027 financial year through its community budget submissions process. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Fuel prices under fire
Who is driving Naracoorte’s fuel prices — and why are locals paying up to $40 more per tank? To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Naracoorte’s Australia Day
AROUND 200 people gathered at Naracoorte Town Squares last week to celebrate Australia Day. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Southern lights stun Naracoorte sky
A breathtaking burst of colour lit up the night sky as the Aurora Australis shimmered over Naracoorte, transforming an ordinary evening into a moment of pure magic. The rare display, sighted by a local family and captured from their home, was shared with The News. According to the Bureau of Meteorology, the aurora was triggered by severe solar flares and was visible across parts of Australia on January 20, 2026. Picture: Brendan Marshall.
Kids drinking, vaping alarm
Alarming school data reveals some Naracoorte and Lucindale students are drinking and vaping before their teenage years are over.
Resthaven Naracoorte office temporarily closed
Resthaven Naracoorte has clarified that its community services office on Gordon Street does not contain asbestos, but remains temporarily closed following the January 10 fire at the former TAFE building next door.
Labor for MacKillop’s future?
As MacKillop heads toward the March 2026 state election, voters are being challenged to weigh experience, independence, and influence.
Rating review
The Naracoorte Lucindale Council has begun a comprehensive review of how it raises rates, stressing the process is about fairness and equity rather than fixing a problem. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL...
Community at heart
When Mohammad Yaseen Hakimi arrived in Australia as a young boy, he carried little more than hope and the support of family already building a life in the South East. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL...
Naracoorte OSHC deal done
The Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) impasse facing Naracoorte families has been resolved, with a provider confirmed and services now in place for the town. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
“I am desperate to get to court”
Facing aggravated assault charges he has denied, member for MacKillop Nick McBride says he is “chafing at the bit, desperate,” and “can’t wait to get to the court” to tell his side of the story. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST...
McBride defends allegations, plans re-election
State MP Nick McBride has declared he will continue in his role as the member for MacKillop and contest the upcoming state election, as he faces “unproven allegations” he says he is defending. Mr McBride was granted release today on strict home-detention bail conditions — including wearing an ankle monitor — after spending 10 days in custody. The 56-year-old was arrested and charged with an aggravated assault against his wife and breaching bail, following an alleged incident at Conmurra in the state’s South East on December 27. Mr McBride today appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court via video link, where the court heard the allegations were “denied and disputed”. In a statement issued following the court appearance, Mr McBride thanked those who had supported him during the past fortnight. “I want to acknowledge my gratitude for the support of my family and friends, the professionalism of G4 staff, and to […]
OSHC provider confirmed for Naracoorte
After months of uncertainty, Naracoorte parents have finally received some long-awaited good news, with an Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) provider confirmed for the town. Education minister Blair Boyer has confirmed to The News that Our Patch will become the new OSHC service provider at Naracoorte Primary School, with operations expected to commence from 19 January 2026. The confirmation brings relief to families who have faced limited childcare options, particularly during school holidays and outside standard school hours. Mr Boyer said the announcement was personally significant, acknowledging the critical role OSHC played for working families. “I know how important OSHC is for families, including my own family, who relies on the local OSHC service weekly,” he said. “I’m really pleased that Our Patch, who run a number of services in government primary schools, will be the new alternative OSHC provider in Naracoorte.” Mr Boyer said Our Patch was already working […]
A plea for Christmas
Give a gift that saves lives, says Naracoorte father and cancer survivor
A Christmas table for all
For seven years, the Naracoorte Community Christmas (NCC) has opened its doors — and its heart — to anyone who has nowhere to go on Christmas Day.
A Christmas table for all
For seven years, the Naracoorte Community Christmas (NCC) has opened its doors — and its heart — to anyone who has nowhere to go on Christmas Day.
Value for voters?
As South Australians prepare to head to the polls next March, one question looms large across the South East: what exactly is happening inside the Liberal Party, and what does it mean for regional voters?
Childcare crisis: minister remains silent
Long waiting lists, no out-of-school-hours care (OSHC), and childcare centres already full — that’s the reality facing families in Naracoorte as they head into the summer holidays with little certainty and even fewer options.
Millicent local named Labor’s MacKillop candidate
Mark Braes. Picture: Facebook page.
BE PART OF
THE COMMUNITY!
Help us continue to grow and improve by supporting our community. You can help us make an impact by sharing our content, becoming a sponsor or distributor, or donating to our causes.
Discover how to help us!






















