Naracoorte Service SA extended hours push
Member for MacKillop Jason Virgo has taken to social media to gauge community support for Saturday openings at the Naracoorte Service SA centre, arguing regional residents often face greater challenges accessing services during standard weekday hours. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
“Frack off”
“Frack off” has been the resounding message coming out from the Limestone Coast following the premier’s announcement that the government plans to lift a 10-year moratorium on hydraulic fracturing (fracking) in the region, two years ahead of its 2028 expiry. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Naracoorte Primary set for classroom overhaul
New Education minister Lucy Hood visited Naracoorte Primary School last week as the state government progresses its election commitment to upgrade classroom spaces at the school. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
South East man, 53, charged over child exploitation material
exploitation material To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Council releases draft housing strategy
Naracoorte Lucindale Council has released a draft housing strategy for public feedback, outlining a long-term vision to guide housing growth and expansion across the district through to 2051.
Big focus on infrastructure
Naracoorte Lucindale Council has released its Draft 2026/27 Annual Business Plan and Budget for community consultation, with roads again receiving the largest share of planned investment despite mounting economic pressures.
“Our story to tell”
Eight months after the death of 46-year-old Naracoorte man Cody Williams, his family says they are still searching for answers ― and demanding accountability so no other family experiences the same heartbreak.
Record turnout at 25th Two Cocks Charity Golf Day
The 25th annual Two Cocks Charity Golf Day at Naracoorte Golf Club saw a record-breaking turnout, with 230 players, and 20 players missing out this year as the field was full within days of entries opening.
Fuel costs pressure Naracoorte forum call
Rising fuel costs are being cited as a barrier to regional engagement ahead of the state government’s upcoming Country Cabinet visit to the Limestone Coast, with renewed calls for a public forum in Naracoorte. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY...
Naracoorte stands still for Anzac Day
Naracoorte fell silent at dawn as a huge crowd gathered to honour the courage, sacrifice, and spirit of service men and women at the Anzac Day service on April 25. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL...
Councillors undecided
Some of the current Naracoorte Lucindale Council councillors remain undecided on their political future ahead of the 2026 local government elections. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE LAST ISSUE or ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.
Community transport lifeline
Naracoorte Lucindale Council has stepped up pressure on the federal government amid growing concerns fuel costs and supply issues could threaten a vital community transport lifeline across the region. To access this post, you must purchase MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, THE...
Our world record holder
Naracoorte’s Ben Copping is not only a familiar face at Woolworths ― he is now officially a world record holder, defying a lifetime of challenges with grit, resilience, and an unshakable love for sport.
Crossling undecided on 2026 run
Naracoorte Lucindale councillor Monique Crossling remains undecided on her political future ahead of the 2026 local government elections, with nominations set to open on August 25.
Cr Crossling has not yet confirmed whether she will contest the mayoralty or seek re-election as a councillor.
She said her focus remained on her current role, with any decision about her political future to be communicated in due course.
Naracoorte misses out on Country Cabinet forum
While the state government’s Country Cabinet is set to return to the Limestone Coast next month, Naracoorte a major regional centre has been left out of hosting the key public forum where residents can directly raise concerns with ministers.
Instead, Mount Gambier will host the only open community forum, prompting questions about access for residents across the wider region.
The re-elected Malinauskas Labor government said it would continue taking decision-making out of Adelaide and into regional South Australia, with Country Cabinet meetings remaining a central part of how the government “listens, engages, and delivers”.
Teen’s powerful plea
A brave Naracoorte teenager is fighting not just for her own health but for thousands of Australians silently battling a debilitating illness.
Seventeen-year-old Mia McCarthy, a Year 12 student at Naracoorte High School, is speaking out about life with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), a chronic condition that leaves her struggling with “dizziness, faintness, brain fog, nausea and extreme fatigue.”
Diagnosed in 2025 after suffering symptoms since 2022, Mia describes herself as one of “the lucky ones” but says many others are not.
Grundy corrects Westell, Crossling
CR Cameron Grundy has revealed numerous roads either partially or fully deleted since 2019 from Naracoorte Lucindale Council’s road hierarchy.
He said ratepayers paid their rates in good faith and expected continued service, not reduced services.
As a result of finding the deleted roads, he has corrected council CEO Kelly Westell and Cr Monique Crossling. Both have previously insisted council had no deleted roads.
Major step forward for AR3
AROUND 30 tonnes of ore from Australian Rare Earths (AR3) Koppamurra project will soon be processed in Sydney.
Police rule out foul play
Police have ruled out suspicious circumstances in the sudden death of Robe man Jaryd Dawson ― as a devastated family and community come to terms with the tragedy.
Iconic Kincraig reopens
Naracoorte’s iconic Kincraig Hotel has officially come back to life, reopening its doors on April 14 after 18 months of extensive restoration by new owners, the Dean Group.
BE PART OF
THE COMMUNITY!
Help us continue to grow and improve by supporting our community. You can help us make an impact by sharing our content, becoming a sponsor or distributor, or donating to our causes.
Discover how to help us!






















